To become member, please download our Membership form and send it to the NYEX president Prof. Dr. Eva-Maria Neher, XLAB Göttingen, Germany:
Major aims and objectives of the Network of Youth Excellence
- promote cooperation between existing scientific research training projects for students until the age 21 and their teachers in a wide array of scientific areas
- promote research collaborations between students and teachers of different programs and countries
- facilitate the collaboration with international organizations of young scientists such as the World Academy of Young Scientists (WAYS)
- better the existing projects by exchanging their experiences and outlining successful organizational and fundraising tactics
- help the initiation of scientific research training projects in countries where they currently do not exist
- initiate international joint scientific student/teacher projects
- promote the participation of students in the organization of research training programs
- encourage an inter- and multidisciplinary dialog on the ethical and responsible conduct of research and use of scientific knowledge as well as on social aspects of scientific research
- draw the attention of policy makers and the media to the importance to start the recruitment to scientific research at a very early age.
The Network treasures the diversity of the approaches for science education and research training in
- target groups (talented and/or underprivileged and/or motivated students; science teachers; society around the students and teachers, etc.)
- content (subject- or scientific discipline-based projects; participation in top science; broad, interdisciplinary projects; fun-type projects, etc.)
- methods (courses, summer schools, weekend seminars, continuous projects, lab-type projects, school-type projects, cyber-courses, distance-learning, exchanges, etc.)
- aims (information transfer, ability development, raising self-confidence, raising long-lasting interest and commitment to science, help in science communication, help in applied research, promotion of public understanding, advancing peaceful relations among nations through research, shared resources and collaboration, etc.).